Hotels inside Sentosa are really expensive, if not for a credit card promotion, which included a 2 nights stay in Festive Hotel's Family Deluxe Room, inclusive of multiple attractions tickets for 2 adults in: SEA Aquarium, Universal Studio and Adventure Cove - staying in a Sentosa Hotel would not have been included in our Singapore adventure.
I booked via Agoda using my MasterCard and used earned reward points from my previous Agoda hotel bookings. The entire package is less than P20,000 total.
Breakfast was not included in our package though, but no worries since there are numerous restaurants in the adjoining Forum Mall and nearby Malaysian Foodstreet.
Festive Hotel is connected to the USS Theme Park through the Festive Walk and Forum. It is still about 5-10 minutes walk to and from USS, but a lot convenient than staying outside the Resort's World complex.
The room was huge with a king size bed, loft bed and sofa bed, that can comfortably sleep 5 pax. The hotel provided enough linens and pillow.
Room was clean enough (since my dust allergy was not trigger), although it has seen better days and would soon need renovation.
There is a bath tub, but I find it quite high for the average Asian. You would need to use steps to climb in and out the tub, which could be slippery when wet. You have to be extra cautious, especially of the kids to avoid accidents.
There is also no bidet, which saddened by husband. Bidet sprayer happens to be one of his hotel requirements.
But that was okay, as the view compensated for the missing bidet....
Our room opens up to balcony, with a pool view and a glimpse of the USS park at the back ground.
Would like to try other hotels in Sentosa next time. I have heard about Movenpick, which is cleaner and newer than Festive. Would consider staying here again, but only if on promotion.
- Entry via taxi is free for hotel guests, just show a proof of your hotel confirmation (SMS or print out).
- Ask for the special children toiletries pack upon booking.
- Request for Sentosa Espress Pass tickets. This would give you free access to the Sentosa Express to and from Harbourfront Station.
- Standard Hotel Check-in at Festive Hotel is 3pm, but you may leave you luggage at the hotel concierge before exploring Sentosa Island.
- Festive has a pool, but the Hard Rock Pool is much nicer. Hotel guests may use the Hard Rock Pool, just by showing their Hotel Key card.
- For convenience, you may opt for the hotel limousine for transfers outside Resorts World. As the taxi bay, was located near the Forum Mall (5-10minutes walk from Festive, through Festive Walk), we decided on a limousine transfer to the airport which cost us about SGD55 (regular taxi, on a non-peak hour from Resorts World would cost approximately SGD22-25). The limousine transfer was more expensive obviously, but so convenient, considering regular taxi going outside Resorts World is difficult to get especially during rush hour. With 4 pieces of full luggage, excluding backpacks and 2 EXTREMELY (we've been walking across Singapore for 8 days straight now) kids in tow ~ a hotel limousine was a welcome luxury.
For Festive Hotel bookings and inquiries, please visit the Resorts World Singapore website: FESTIVE HOTEL
You may also check out, the rest of our Singapore-Malaysia trip here:
Day 1 - Singapore City
Day 2 and 3 - LEGOLAND Malaysia
Day 4 - Jurong Bird Park and Science Center
Day 5 - Singapore Zoo (with breakfast with the Orangutans)
Day 6 - Sentosa Island
Day 7 - Universal Studio Singapore
Day 8 - SEA Aquarium and Vivo City