The line at the Luge was long and winding (literally)... but that was fine since this ride is a MUST try when visiting Sentosa.
The Luge and Skyride are actually two rides.
The Luge takes you downhill, while the Skyride takes you back up.
The ride downhill takes approximately 5 minutes, and the skyride about 10 minutes.
The LUGE is a gravity thrill ride, with a unique braking system that takes cruising or speeding downhill. I was only at cruising speed though since I was riding with my youngest. However, hubby and my eldest son were (hmmn...carefully) speeding downhill.
The Skyride was like riding a ferris wheel only lateral. I was a bit scared for the boys, as we were seated very high up, traversing on cable!
- It was fun riding the Luge and the Skyride. Although the boys loved the Skyride more. I think the height adds to the excitement.
- I can't say the Luge is really safe, since I saw a teen girl with bruised elbow being attended by the Luge medics. I guess one needs to exercise caution in steering the luge, especially next to steep corners.
- Be careful driving, but don't forget to have fun!
- It can be hot up on the Skyride so apply sunblock for protection.
- Be careful with loose belongings, especially your cellphones, cameras and wallets. Please avoid booboos.
For updated pricing please visit the Sentosa website: SENTOSA LUGE AND SKYRIDE.
For more travel tips on Sentosa, please visit also our other Sentosa Posts: Singapore Day 6 - SENTOSA.