Singapore has so much to offer children and kids at heart ~ and Jurong Bird Park is one of them
Jurong Bird Park is Asia's largest birds paradise. It is home to almost 5,000 birds across 400 species (yes that many!).
Here you can find different species of birds fly, swim and roam freely.
The park's major attractions include:
1. Penguin Coast - houses nearly 500 penguins across 5 species.
2. Lory Loft - a 9 storey high enclosure (the structure is so huge, it's hard too tell, you are in a bird cage) that offers close encounters with colorful lories that you can feed.
3. Waterfall Aviary - a 30 meter high man-made waterfalls, the largest walk-in aviary in the world. We did not see much birds though and this attraction was in need of a little up-keeping.
- High Flyers Show (Pools Amphitheater; shows at 11am and 3pm) - is a showcase of birds' skills. My boys love the low flying birds as they did exhibition flights across the arena. Very colorful and entertaining.
- King of the Skies (Hawk Arena; shows at 10am and 4pm) - is a display of hunting birds' skills. It was educational to learn about hawks, falcons, vultures as they parade around.
- Lunch with Parrots (Songbird Terrace; show at 1pm) We gave this one a miss, over Breakfast with the Orangutan at the Singapore Zoo)
5. Birds of Play - is a water playground (yehey)! Remember to bring trunks and swimwear for your little ones.
Located near the water playground is Safari Scoops. A perfect cool down and last stop at the bird park.
- If you intend to do numerous zoo parks suggest you get the park hopper tickets via their website: PARK HOPPER TICKET for discounts.
- The park is huge. Get the ticket with tram access. You can hop on and hop off anytime. I suggest you do a full ride first to familiarize yourself with the area before touring the park on foot.
- The park opens at 830am. Come early to get the most out of the park. Any later would probably be too hot to enjoy your tour.
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring lots of water. Don't forget your umbrella or cap and insect repellant.
- Jurong is about 30-40 minutes away the city center. There are various transportation options:
- MRT via the East West Green Line alight at Boon Lay (EW27) then transfer to a connecting bus at the bus interchange, bus no. 194 or 251 OR
- Direct bus via Singapore Attraction Express (SAEx). Check SAEx website for their schedule OR
- Like what we did take a taxi cab.