December 15, 2013

Ilog ni Maria Honey Bee Farm (road less travelled)!

I have read such good reviews of Ilog ni Maria from the internet. So, on our way home from our last Tagaytay trip, me and my boys decided to give this much reviewed stop over a visit.
 
It took us a while to find the place.  We had to stop for a couple a times and ask locals for directions (who similarly doesn't have a clue about what we are looking for).
 
 
When we finally saw the signage, we were led to an unpaved narrow (one-way) road.  It took us another 3-5 minutes to reach Ilog ni Maria.
 
 

We finally saw the farm entrance and a small shop, displaying the farm produce. 
 
I hurriedly took a small native shopping basket and began prowling the place for "pasalubong" and possible giftable items.  I got healing massage oils and propolis throat spray. 
 
My boys love night massages and Ilog Maria's massage oil were just perfect. 
 
Products and price, I think are comparable to other organic/eco-shops we have in Manila. I was expecting something extra (I think, this is a long way from home, after all.).
 



We were running a bit late and rain clouds seem readying a heavy downpour and had to cut our visit short.

Alas, we were  unable to tour the rest of the farm... that could have made the extra mile travel to Ilog ni Maria more worthwhile. 

Maybe next time!

For details on how to get to Ilog ni Maria, please follow this link.








1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know your thoughts!