September 9, 2017

Pokemon Hunting with Col. Sanders Birthday Party


My youngest was quite specific on how to celebrate his
9th birthday. 

~An off-school party with classmates.  
~ at KFC (he likes chicken) and
a Pokémon themed party.


The KFC part was easy (we just went to the KFC branch nearest our place, reserved our preferred date and placed our orders). 
Now the Pokémon theme part was rather difficult. 

How do you marry Col. Sanders and Pikachu?




I just found an answer... (I printed mini pokeballs and attached them to Col. Sander's welcoming hands. Looked a lot like the Colonel is doing some pokemon hunting!)


I also replaced the inside with a DIY pokemon invite.


I found these online and figured the kids will love to come in uniformed shirts.  






I had a friend from "mkadesigns" to print them for me. I sent his invites with these shirts to his classmates through his teacher a week before his birthday.

The shirts came out perfect.  I got an adult size too, so that my son's adviser can join his class have fun.







And here is my Pokémon Trainer prepping up for his birthday party.  All geared up and ready to go!



Here is the birthday table set up.



My son was likewise specific with his cake design.  A friend from Toy Cakes baked this for us. 

I call it, "Pikachu with Attitude".


Do you see the pokemon stuff toys behind the cake? 

We hid pokeballs cut outs in the party area and asked the Pokémon trainor children (and their parents) find the pokeballs to help catch the Pokemons. It was such a fun activity.  Everyone was standing looking for the pokeballs (such a riot)!



Donut Tower

I bought DIY mask and coloring materials to keep the children busy while waiting for the party to start.  



With my artists niece and nephew...


His classmates, showing off their DIY masks...



I love well attended children's party.  All the games are for kids, no need to involved the adults!




Here is where all the balloons went :P


Singing a Birthday Song for the Birthday Boy..



Col. Sanders was there to celebrate with us.



Col. Sanders - check
Pikachu - check


It was such a Happy Birthday Party... 




5 comments:

  1. DIY Theme parties are great! Belated happy birthday sa inyong "Ash" :) He looks really lovely sa costume nya. Ang cute pati ng mascot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday to your son. My son will hit 9 soon, as usual, we won't have birthday party for his birthday. We will have a staycation and we will just eat out with family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this seems like a super fun party! I wonder what kind of themes my daughter will choose when she's a bit bigger na. It's always nice to see kids genuinely having fun at parties. Makes all our efforts worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang cute! Creativity talaga is something. I like the idea of the shirt, very new to me but is a welcoming idea. Not all would give an invite with a shirt pa. For sure, the little boy had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday to your little boy! Looks like the party you had was so much fun :) Mommies do DIY for a more creative party (plus,... it has all the love while we make them).

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know your thoughts!