September 23, 2014

BDJ Box - Luscious Locks (August 2014)


BDJ must have had me in mind for this month's beauty box concept - LUSCIOUS LOCKS  "...amazing treats to keep your mane in tiptop condition" was sure a spot on catchphrase.  

I eagerly opened my BDJ beauty box.



What's inside:





1. Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate, 30ml costs P3500.  I have been vocal in my previous reviews that simple hate sampler tube/sachet sized items and consider such as freebies and doesn't add up to the value of the box.  I moved on the next item.

2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Shine. 4g costs P350.  I adore Revlon and I was truly happy to get this in my box. However, my excitement turned sour as I tested the shade I got was not my color (bummer...!)

3. Fan Di Fendi Blossom, 30ml costs P2850.  Three (3) tiny sachet packs, another freebie. Again this item doesn't warrant a review at all. Next item please.


I was begining to wonder where are my hair products.  This is after all a Luscious Locks themed box.  

4. Garnier Color Naturals, 100ml costs P199. I love that it has olive oil extract to help nourish hair as you color, as hair dyeing would often leave your hair dry and rough. Unfortunately, however, the shade I got is a tad too light for the color I normally use. It was good my mom was all too happy to receive this special gift from BDJ.



5. L'Oreal Professional Mythic Oil Nourishing Masque, 200ml  costs P1,095. This hair masque is enriched with Argan Oil and Cotton Seed Oil that helps balance your hair's natural oil levels and nourish hair from roots to tips.  

6. L'Oreal Professional Mythic Oil, 125 ml costs P995. Active components are Avocado and Grape Seed Oil that helps nourish hair and leaves it shiny and supple.


These L'Oreal products are this BDJ box' saving grace for me.  I would have wept hard like a kid who received an unwanted toy, if not for these L'Oreal products.
I have been using the Mythic Oil since I got it and I am honestly loving the results.  Smells wonderful on my hair and leaves it shinny and healthy looking.

The avocado oil contains proteins and vitamins such as A, D. E and B6, as well as magnesium, folic acid, amido acids, copper and iron helpful in hair growth and nourishment. Grape seed oil, meanwhile, helps the hair grow faster and moisturizes the hair and scalp, helpful in dandruff treatment.

7. Blo (Blow-Dry-Bar) vouchers - 20% off any of blo's 7 signature hairstyles with free deep conditioning treatment. I have heared about Blo -Dry-Bar and it got I me excited, until I saw the vouchers are valid Mondays-Thursdays only.  Meaning I would need to skip work to use it. 

Beauty boxes are fast becoming a hit and miss.   I hope they pick up fast soon to sustain subscribers' interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know your thoughts!