To complete the LEGOLAND Theme Park experience, we have decided to stay over night at the Legoland Hotel.
Legoland Park is located in Malaysia's Southernmost city Johor Bahru, which is an hour away by land travel from Singapore.
We went here via a private taxi "SGMYtaxi", I booked on-line. SGMY is efficient and travel is convenient and hassle free.
Note: You need not pay anything right away. Payment is made in cash after reaching your destination.
The owner Mr. KY is very easy to talk to and very generous, if I may add. Our ride was upgraded from a Toyota Innova to a Toyota Alphard.
The Legoland Hotel is located right next the Legoland Park and WaterPark. With a two days combo park and waterpark tickets, hotel guests can leave and enter both parks anytime for two consecutive days, so you are assured you get the most out your vacation.
The moment we entered the hotel confines, I immediately felt the
excitement from my boys eyes. My youngest rushed to the lobby and started digging in a pool of Lego blocks to start building!
The hotel's lobby alone was enough reason to visit the hotel.
The boys were pleasantly surprised to find Lego mascots and toy models. The discotheque elevator was also a welcomed surprise.
The fun doesn't end there. We have been upgraded to an Adventure Themed Premium Room. The room is huge, with a separate sleeping area (which my youngest called the "double-decker couch") for the kiddos.
The room has 2 televisions, 1 in the adult room and another at the kid's sleeping area - so there is no fighting over the television remote.
All rooms invite kids and kids at heart to a Treasure Hunt. My boys gamely took the challenge and immediately started with their treasure hunt.
- Each room also contains a Lego bucket to busy the kids.
- Aside from the basic amenities, kids get to have their own bathroom sink.
- Splendid View of the LEGOLAND Park
- Room packages also comes with a buffet breakfast for 4 at The Brick.
(Warning: My boys are Lego fans, my review can be a bit favorable).
My boys love LEGOLAND Malaysia. They had so much fun at the Legoland Park and my youngest won't leave the Water Park.
That being said I think there are still room for improvements, especially on the following areas:
- Food - they serve mostly Malaysian and Indian food, which were quite spicy to for our liking. If the hotel food was a miss, you may try Medini Mall located right next to Legoland Hotel. There are a number of Western Restaurants at Medini - we were able to try Secret Recipe.
- Check-in is at 4pm, while Check-out is at 11am. Early check-in is highly appreciated.
Staying at the Legoland Hotel (LH) is more costly than staying at nearby hotels, but we find it more convenient staying at LH.
- LH is just a few hops away the Theme park and the Water park.
- The 2 days combo ticket is exclusive to hotel guests.
- Guests can enter the park 30minutes earlier than other patrons.
And the experience staying in a Lego themed hotel, is really priceless.
For Legoland Hotel bookings and inquiries, please visit their webpage: LEGOLAND MALAYSIA