September 10, 2017

Celebrating Our Lola's Birthday Luau Style


My Lola just turned 94 years old ~ Luau Style!

Two weeks before her birthday, I asked her how does she want to celebrate her birthday.  With out blinking her eyes she told me, she wants to go to Hawaii (me and my big mouth).

One of her daughters, who resides in the States celebrated her Golden Wedding Anniversary in Hawaii, Lola saw the pictures and I guess that gave her the idea.  As she obviously wasn't in a travelling condition (yes plus the budget constraints)...

We decided to give her a Luau Birthday Party instead!

She was so prepped and excited.

I was kidding her the whole time, that she should ready her bikini as she is having a Luau Pool Party. 



What's a Luau without water right? So we rented a private resort near our place. 

We ordered a Luau inspired cake with matching themed cup cakes.





My cousin who owns JPJ Food Craze cooked for us,
such  labor or love. 


(My cousin and my mom).

Goofing with a pineapple... 

Our Lola, looking radiant as she inspects the revelry.


With her apo sa tuhod.



Blowing her candles (she only blew one, blowing 94 candles would take forever to finish).


And look who dropped by ~ Mr. Spidey~ Checking on our Lola!  How cool is that?


It was a sunny day, perfect for a Luau Birthday Party.

Swimming time ~ Kids!!!


Happy Birthday Nanay ~  We love you!!!

Now we could start planning for your 95th Birthday.


Check out also, post from Nanay's 93rd Glam Birthday Party ~

4 comments:

  1. Wow, 94th birthday. Belated Happy birthday to your grandmother. Maybe sa 95th pwede na magHawaii, more time to plan na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday kay Lola! Ang saya may theme yung birthday nya! We also just celebrated my kids birthday, pool party din.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the party theme, ang cool ni lola sa luau birthday party. Happy birthday kay lola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Happy Birthday to your Lola mommy :)
    Angcute ng Hawaii Party talaga kahit sa anong age :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know your thoughts!