December 10, 2016

Glam Party for Nanay's 93rd Birthday


How do you throw a birthday party for a Glam Lola?

My maternal grandmother turned 93 this year and we were all excited to give her a fun party that she and those dear to her would enjoy!

My grandmother is a "kikay lola"! 
She always loved dressing up and making herself pretty, unfortunately life wasn't easy then raising a family of 9 children.  
She would always put off her gratification for her family. 

So on her 93rd birthday, we have decided to give her a surprise "glam" themed party. 

My Lola looks forward to her after Sunday mass trip to Jollibee and since she likes it so much... a Jollibee party was in order.


She thought it was  just another Sunday after mass brunch when we walked in.


Here are some of the pictures from birthday celebration:

Jollibee and Hetty came and danced for us. 

Our dear Jollibee host with my cousin Shane of Bloom, Blossom and Grow blog.

It was a blessed day indeed (a bit teary eyed here as you can see)...

My mom making a wish...


Her Glam Tarp




Lootbags and give aways.

We prepared additional items mostly GC's,  cosmetics and kikay items for the adults.



Party set up...




Cakes and cupcakes' inspiration came from the ever reliable internet and recreated by a good friend, Toy Cakes.



Fun games... no KJ in this party :P

The famous bring me...

Our best dressed gets an award!


Good family friends happily graced the event with us...


With my mom's (extreme right) friends, who treat our Lola as their own.


With my family, parents and sister's family.

More apos....

More apos...

And more apos...

Grandchildren posts would have been longer, unfortunately 3/4th of our family now lives abroad.

Her apo sa tuhod, who takes after Lola's "kaki-kayan"!


With her pamangkins...


Blowing her cake.  She was a bit teary eyed though while blowing, I guess she was a bit overwhelmed.

Mr. Dante Ward of #SnapClickStudio provided our photobooth. 




Check out these really wonderful (really funny and crazy, not glam at all photos) from Snap Click Studio >>> #GlamBabe's Birthday


Lola obviously having so much fun!

Happy Birthday Lola Ising! 









30 comments:

  1. Uncle Efren here, Awesome Job, Joy,can't wait to see you guys in january!!! Miss Nanay, but knowing you guys take good care of here is relief enough for those of us who are far away from home. Keep up the great blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very nice idea for your grandmother :) So cute and fab and party ♥ Happy birthday po Lola :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your grandma looked so happy! My grandma also celebrated her 85th a few months back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm a little bit jealous because I don't have a lola - lolas from both sides are already gone and I haven't had the chance to get to know them. I'd love a Jollibee party when I'm older too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lola doesn't look like 93. Parang 70's lang ah. She looks like a happy person , sakto ang jolibee themed party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She doesn't look 93 at all! Happy birthday to your glamorous Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww that was so sweet of you and your family to throw this glam party for your Lola!! <3 She also looks like my husband's maternal grandma nakakatuwa :) Belated happy birthday to your Lola!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looked liked she had a great time at her surprise party. This made me miss my grandma, they are very nurturing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG so fun! And the look on her face! She's lucky to have you as her family. I would definitely say yes to a Jolly Party too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Lola! I hope you enjoyed your Jollibee birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated happy birthday to your grandma! She doesn't look 93!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet she's a joyful and positive person kasi for someone to reach the age of 93 at this point of time, it really is a big blessing! Saka mukhang mas kikay pa nga sa akin ni Lola mo. :D Happy birthday to your glam Lola! Always keep that smiling face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! I noticed more adults nowadays are celebrating their birthday at Jollibee. And I think it's really fun to celebrate and experience being a kid once more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! Our generation should be lucky if we could reach your grandma's age.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! She's really a glam lola, looking young at 93! Cheers to her! Looks like everyone enjoyed the party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! Haha Looks fun. You just gave me an idea on how to do it for the senior citizens of my families. haha. Thanks for the tips. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to your lola! More years and better health too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, she doesn't look 93! Looks like she is a happy person, that's why. Happy birthday lola :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, who says Jollibee party is only for kids?! Am sure your grandma enjoyed her party! I hope my parents can still reach that age! Belated Happy Birthday to your granny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Totally surprising to see a Jollibee party for lola! :) Also, she looks so young! What's her secret?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday to your lola! So cute that you threw her a bday party at Jollibee! She doesn't look like she's 90 ha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday to your glamorous lola. Tell her that she's popular on the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Belated happy birthday to your Nanay! You truly made her happy on her special day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grabe 93, very long life. I always pray that I reach that age. Congratulations to your grandma, sana manahin mo ang long life nya.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, it's so great that your lola is already 93 but still looks strong and healthy. My own maternal grandmother turned 87 last month and our relatives threw a party for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Your Lola Ising is still rockin' at age 93- truly awesome and such a blessing from above. How I wish I could reach her age with such grace and great health. Now I am missing my Lola Mommy whom I cared for over 20 years. I love being with children and old people- there is something very special about them that draws me to them. Congrats dear! (Macy)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Belated happy birthday to Lola! I'm sure she had a blast. 93 is 93! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Belated happy birthday to the glamorous grandma. It was such a nice gesture holding her birthday in a kiddie fastfood. And what's more important was that her friends were also present to celebrate with her.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so sweet of you. Malaambing tlaga ang mga laki sa Lola. I hope I can do this alsonfor my Lola's birthday SA August. Fave nya din si Jollibee

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know your thoughts!