The plan was simple, reach Malaysia via Singapore, stay overnight in LegoLand Malaysia (LLM) leave and stay one night at Sentosa in Singapore for a quick visit to Universal Studio.
Here is our itinerary:
Day 1 - LEGOLAND Malaysia - Water Park
- 5am - Early flight from Manila to Changi Singapore
- 10am - Arrive at Changi Airport
- 11am - Travel to Legoland Johor Bahru, Malaysia via a pre-arranged private taxi. We used SGMY taxi services, the same one we used in our last visit. We had a very good experience hiring them last year ~ easy and really hassle free!
- 1230pm - Arrived at LLM Hotel. Check-in is at 4pm, so we just deposited our luggage and got our 2 days combo tickets.
- I pre-booked the LLM Hotel and got the ticket via the LLM website. The 2 days combo ticket allows multiple entries to both the LEGOLAND Themepark and LEGOLAND Waterpark for 2 consecutive days.
- 1pm - Lunch at PanCake House at the Mall of Medini.
- 2-5pm - LL Waterpark. I packed our wetsuits and change of clothes in a separate bag, so we don't have to open our other luggage. We got a CABANA like we did before.
- A half day cabana rental costs MYR180. Each cabana has two deluxe chair lounges and seating chairs, two complimentary towels, safe deposit box, mini refrigerator and a table. It also has free wifi access, plus bottled water and soda.
- 4pm - Left the waterpark to check-in and rest for a while before dinner. The boys were tired from the early morning flight and swimming.
- 6pm - Dinner at Burger King the Mall of Medini.
- 7pm - Early retreat.
Day 2 - LEGOLAND Malaysia - Theme Park
- 8am - Breakfast at the Bricks
- 930am - Off to LLM Theme park. The park opens at 10am, but LLM Hotel guests are allowed to enter 30 minutes earlier. Note: We had to check-out before leaving the hotel. Our bags were deposited at LLM Hotel's luggage storage.
- 6pm - Left LLM Hotel. I have arranged for an SGMY taxi pick-up at LLM and drop off at Movenpick Sentosa Singapore
- 730pm - Check-in at Movenpick Heritage Hotel our home for the night. Dinner was at the Imbiah Station, which is just across the hotel.
Day 3 - Universal Studio Singapore (USS)
- 830am - Early check-out. Left our luggage at the hotel luggage storage for pick-up. Before leaving we requested assistance from the concierge for a taxi booking at 330pm to take us to the airport.
- 9am - Breakfast at McDonald's Forum Mall, Resorts World
- 10am - USS Theme park. I realize that USS is more enjoyable off peak season. We were able to cover more rides this time, compared to our December USS trip, that considering we only stayed 5 hours this time (compared to our 9-9pm last time).
- 3pm - Left USS.
- 330pm - On the dot, left the hotel for Changi for our late night flight.
- 8pm - Flight back to Manila.
I will post updates of our SG-MY 2015 trip on our budget and will try to provide additional tips, that hopefully will help you in planning yours.
Meanwhile, you can also check below blog post from our SG-MY trip from last December 2014: SINGAPORE-MALAYSIA ITINERARY 2014