For a quick city edu-entertainment with you child, you might want to check out the Ark of the Avilon Zoo.
ARK AVILON ZOO is the only indoor interactive zoo in the country. It is two storey building resembling the biblical Noah's Ark.
I was there recently, as a chaperon to my son's school fieldtrip. It was nothing like the zoos we have visited in Singapore (you can check out our Singapore Zoo trips here: Singapore Zoo).
The Ark is quite small and you can easily tour the entire zoo in a an hour or less. But I do appreciate that it is indoor (away from the scorching heat of the sun or otherwise monsoon weather).
The Ark Avilon's offers:
- Photo opportunities with the zoo's star attractions like JENNY the Bornean Orangutan, AYLA the Palawan Bearcat, NARDO and ALEX the Cockatoos, TYSON the Burmese Python and BUSTY the Pony;
- Farm animals feeding at FARMLAND Fun Feeding Station;
- Arts and crafts making using recycled materials, and
- Venue for celebrating birthday parties and other corporate events.
- Bring lots of loose 20s for the animal feeding.
- Bring insect repellant.
- Don't expect too much from the place. It is a bit old and requires an upkeep.
- You can bring your own food inside the Ark, subject to P25 corkage fee per person.
Ark Avilon Zoo is located at Frontera Verde, Ortigas Avenue corner C-5, Pasig City, Philippines
Entrance Fee is P400 (Below 3feet is P300)
20% discount for Senior Citizen and PWD (with Senior Citizen ID / PWD ID card)
Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm