March 22, 2013

Museo Pambata

I was chaperone to my son in his last school field trip and found myself inside  a children's museum along Roxas Boulevard, after an hour or so of travel. 

Alone I would not brave this museum's location.  There were so many hawkers and bystanders outside, the streets heading to the museum was busy and traffic so bad.

Having said that,  Museo Pambata was still a worthwhile travel.

This museum is like a huge play ground, where kids can learn, while having fun. They are sure to enjoy the many interactive exhibits the museum has to offer.  And it is not just a museum - summer art programs, various play activities are also offered here for free or at minimal cost.

The museum has eight (8) theme rooms.

(1) Kalikasan
(2) Old Manila
(3) Career Options
(4) I Love my Planet Earth
(5) My Body Works (which my son enjoyed a lot)
(6) Pamilihang Bayan (which was my favorite, the kiddie size stores and shops  were so cute) 
(7) Global Village
(8) Karapatan Hall

Word of caution: Be ready to answer lots of questions from your kiddos!

what is a finger print? 
 
 
 
why is this mouth so huge?


is that fart i am hearing? how come it doesn't smell?


 
can i be a driver when i grow up?
 


how do i cook sinigang?
 


can we bring this bahay kubo home?

 
You should allot at least 1 1/12 to 2 hours to fully appreciate the tour, however, if you are in a hurry and don't have the luxury of time - I suggest you head straight to My Body Works or Pamilihan Bayan. As we were on group tour we rather pressed for time and never got to make the most out of your trip.
 
 
No worries... we will be back :P
 
Museo Pambata Foundation, Inc.
Roxas Boulevard corner South Drive
Manila, Philippines
T: (632) 523-1797/98, 536-0595
F: (632) 522-1246
M: +63 918-382-2212 (for Booking and Reservations only)
E: info@museopambata.org
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know your thoughts!