Our latest escapade was a 4D/3N Iloilo - Guimaras trip (2 nights in Guimaras and 1 night in Iloilo). Iloilo is a charming bustling city, in contrast to rustic and rural Guimaras.
Sharing here, how we spent our 1 day in Iloilo.
I. Heritage Tour
- Breakthrough Restaurant - simply one of the best tasting seafood restaurants I have been too. We had crabmeat (super delicious and so cool, no need to get your hands all dirty), mixed vegetables and stuffed grilled squid. Ex, is not yet done with his Guimaras-mango galore and ordered 3 glasses of mango shake (1 for me, and 2 for him). We paid about P500 for the entire meal.
Breakthrough is situated by the beachfront. Location was obviously an A+. It was like dining in Boracay.
The stuffed squid is perfectly grilled ~ moist and tender. I also fell in love with the crabmeat, absolute must order!
- Miag-ao Church - a lovely Baroque Church that is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Miag-ao Church is also known as the Miag-ao Fortress Church since it also served as a defensive tower against Muslim raids.
- Guimbal Church - one of the oldest churches in the country. The church is made of adobe stones ~ igang and coral stones quarried from Guimaras.
- Camina nga Balay na Bato - is a tour of Iloilo's culture, heritage and excellent cuisine.
Check here my separate review of this one of a kind attraction ~ CAMINA NGA BALAY NA BATO
II. Sweet Heart Tour ~ Our sweet heart tour started late in the afternoon.
- Plazuela - is a beautifully designed complex, that took inspiration from Italian and Spanish architecture. The complex houses a multitude of restaurants and specialty shops.
I know, it was a picture taking galore (pasensya na)!
- Ponsyon (by Breakthrough), Plazuela ~ is an upscale version of Breakthrough. We obviously enjoyed our Breakthrough lunch earlier, that dinner at Ponsyon was almost a default decision.
We had baked oysters (one of the best I have had), clam soup, bangus sisig, plus yup the staple mango shake! We paid about P700 (yes and that's upscale!) for our order.
- River Esplanade - Clean and safe and free! The night was cold and skies clear, with just enough stars to add up to the romantic walk. This for me was the best part of our date night ~ plus an effective way to shed of all the pounds I gained from my eating galore earlier.
Sorry for the poor lighting and bad photo, the place is so nicer up-close.
- Tea at Latte Coffee and Cakes, Riverside Boardwalk
~ such a perfect way to end the evening.
The cakes are just for show, we only had tea and coffee :P